Friday, March 29, 2013

Paul Simon

What a great way to start the Easter holiday break.
I organised tickets when I heard it mentioned on the radio and had time to get them.
Wendy Sue Deb and I met up at the Rod Laver Arena after a traffic /tram crawl for all of us. We went to see Rufus Wainwright support act,  but it was a bit disappointing.
But PAUL SIMON!!! FANTASTIC CONCERT
It must be an amazing thing to have 10's of 1000's of people sing along to your songs even if all  we were doing was the lie-la-lie from The Boxer.
He did a huge range of songs, Julio down by the school yard (Mary tells me there is a cafe Julio's opposite a school yard in ? Brunswick) Sounds of Silence (recently heard he wrote it after the death of JFK) Diamonds on the soles of her shoes, Kodachrome, Graceland You can call me AL etc.etc.etc

Pretty amazing being at a concert when you know the words of all the songs! As did everyone else there I think. He sang from 830 to 1015 then 3 encores (planned no doubt but still great)
You realise we are ageing when you know he is 71!
We got out just before 11 and I drove Deb back to Williamstown. Delayed somewhat as there were 3 lanes closed on the West Gate!!!
I have been reliving the concert this morning listening to The Graduate and Graceland. Can't find Rhythm of the Saints
Off to Japan this afternoon!

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...