Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fred Williams

I have had bronchitis early this week and now left with an asthma cough so not feeling too energetic. Decided to go and see The Fred Williams exhibition at NGV.
I have always loved his landscapes especially of the Hammersley Ranges in WA.

NGV is holding a Retrospective the first in over 25 years. Fred Williams (1927-1982)  is acknowledged as one of Australia’s greatest painters esp of landscapes . He created a highly original and distinctive way of seeing the Australian land and was passionate about the painting process itself. 


 There were many other works of his I had not seen before. Ones I particularly liked were the strip paintings esp of the beach.

 Some of the works he did when in England of acrobats were great too. 


No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...