Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day

The day fell on my Wednesday off so no payment for the public holiday. rats! But I will get Anzac day this year as it is on 'easter' Tuesday.
Patriotic cars at the beach
I have just had about the busiest day i can remember at work on Tuesday so was exhausted, but decided to go down to Aireys Inlet that night and come back Wed night, as I needed to be back to see Bridie.
The drive down was good leaving home 630. The final bit of the freeway at Waurn Ponds is not finished yet but getting there.
It started raining overnight and was overcast in the morning but cleared by 11am, so after lunch Spencer and I went down to the beach and around the rocks as the tide was out. We had a lovely walk with Spencer enjoying all the rock pools and not requiring rescuing at any point.
It really was this colour!
On the walk back I liked the look of this gate on to an empty block, all fenced with an access gate to nothing.
The trees are all green and lush looking so every where was a pleasant cool looking walk. Even our street, almost the only paved one in Aireys!

The great sculpture at the Community Centre

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...