Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Busy weekend

The weather is changing and it is dark when I wake now, but with daylight saving ending on April 5th so I will be heading out in the light soon. The rain over the last 2 weeks has made some changes on my morning walk. I was delighted by the appearance of the lovely flowers on the hedge alongside the park each morning. I kept meaning to take my camera to get a photo so when I finally remembered I was cross with myself to find that it had been clipped over the weekend, so the photo is only a small measure of its glory! I think it is boobialla isn't that a great name!but not sure of the plant.

Friday was my god daughters Michelle's & Pauline's 18th birthday and they came down to go out to a night club with their sister and brother (now they are 18 they are allowed in!) I gave them each a small cabin roller suitcase. Very well received! They stayed the night and on Sunday, Fran came down and we all went out to lunch at a Vietnamese BBQ restaurant. This was their first experience of Vietnamese food so we tried the delicious Viet Spring rolls and then the BBQ beef with rice paper rolls to prepare ourselves. All delicious. Returning to the house we had candles and cake then they headed back home.
In a previous blog I mourned the loss of the huge Peppercorn Trees along the Arden St oval, and no idea what the construction going on was to be. Well they had a sign up this week with news of the new development; it's to be a community Centre and meeting rooms under the support of the North Melbourne Football Club; I should have been pleased if they could have left one tree!

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...