Monday, May 2, 2016

Ann is 90

I was thrilled to be invited to help celebrate Dr Ann Morgan's 90th birthday.

I first met Ann when I requested help from the Mental Health Department at Royal Children's Hospital in 1986.
The patient I was concerned about was a baby, so I was not sure mental health would be interested . But unknown to me some of the Department were just developing a group interested in Infant Mental Health 
When I said it was for a baby, I jokingly recount that it was the fastest mental health referral accepted in history! 
From there I joined the IMH group and developed a respect and admiration for this amazing woman.
Ann with Joanna Murray Smith at an IMH meeting in 2014
We went on to do some joint consultation and her insight opened a new way of thinking for me .
Ann is a Paediatrician and a Child Psychologist and even now runs a tutorial for the Master in Infant Mental Health at Melbourne Uni.
The party was at one of her sons' house in Hawthorn (7 children ) and  many grandchildren were present as well.
There were lots of colleagues that I knew there to celebrate with her husband John. I expect they had many other family celebrations .
She is mentally as well as physically agile but had twisted and broken her foot a few weeks ago.
So her usual  beautiful shoe collection was marred by the boot she had to wear.
We were disappointed there were not 90 candles!
John and Ann




No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...