Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Nest

In the last year Spencer has taken to sleeping on the couch when I am away. Never found any evidence of this until relatively recently.
He loves my slippers. (not interested  in any other shoe) and grabs it as soon as I take it off, (even to scratch my foot) and cosies it into whatever of his beds he is sitting on.
In the morning I have to hunt them out; One in the bedroom one in the kitchen.
I realised he was on the couch when I came home one day, and, being deaf he didn't hear me arrive, but I heard him jump to the floor as I came in.... Sprung!!
But now I can always find the slippers at the end of the day.
Sometimes they are tucked well back on the couch
I visualize him getting one slipper up, then returning for the 2nd!

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Michele, So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "A Life More Ordinary" and the post of it "The Nest". I am glad to know that you are a Nurse who has so far led an Ordinary life which is in tune with the life of Jesus. Well I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the grear city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people as well as adults from the West to come on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come and work with us in the slums of Mumbai treating the sicknesses of peoople in the slums and giving them physical and spiritual healing. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...