Thursday, October 3, 2013

My birthday

It took about 20minutes before I registered what the day was, but then started a steady stream of texts, emails, calls, Facebook comments and cards to remind me this was the big 65!
I was seeing private patients in Yarraville, so headed off there early and stopped at the Luca Haus in Charles Street for a morning Latte.
Then off to see the fascinating line up of fussy toddlers and babies.
I had arranged with Sue and Carolyn to meet for lunch at Mr Price's Food Store in Queensberry St Nth Melbourne. 
I had passed this place frequently but it is only open for lunch but looked a fascinating tiny room with lots of 'eclectic clutter'  (what Maddy said meant classy junk)

Gary Price's restaurant is filled with his own personal art and literary collections. The menu is handwritten each morning and is filled with in-season produce Gary picked up from the Footscray Market earlier that morning. While the dips and salmon we had was delicious it was with tomato sugo and Okra. While tasty, not my best meal. But convivial company and a good glass of wine in a pleasant atmosphere.



After I had a few hours break then went to Nth Melbourne station to meet Mary in the city at Parliament Station after her work. We then went to a brand had a champagne and traveled back to Nth Melbourne together.
A few more calls in the evening rounded off avery nice day!

To bed at a reasonable time as I was off at 630 in the morning to care for Dylan .

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...