Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yacht Club Open Day

Sailing actually started 4 weeks ago but they have had no racing due to the strong winds. I am sailing with Cliff this season, having sold my boat, but crew Steve was away one week, Cliff another, me sick another so we hoped to get together Saturday for official Open Day.
Boats on the beach and corner of new change rooms
Hobies were out in force
The forecast was for light wind so seemed a good day for me to start, but Steve was only flying back today. However by the time 1pm came around I was already tired, so Cliff said he would sail with Bernard in what was  a very slow day. It was not cold but very grey.
The sign on board with magnetic scanner cards
Arriving in for the Race briefing. Michale Broise Past Commodore
A bit light on for staff in the Race Tower
The crowd for briefing with Commodore John(r) in red and blue
Due to the lack of sailing over the last month there was a good roll up for the first day, but I stayed around for the sail past and had long catch up chats with people before briefing then went back to rest.

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...