Thursday, September 11, 2008

Umbrellas

Day 9 (-22)
A sudden downpour this morning meant I needed my umbrella when I went out. I have a choice of 4 (2 left by previous tenant) so took the big one. Cheap clear plastic ones are available everywhere and up to 42,000 a year are abandoned. Shops have umbrella stands out front with slots not just a bin. Museums all have ones where you can lock your brolly. Stores (where you may not come out where you went in), have clear plastic sleeves to slip the brolly in so it doesn't drip on the floor or wet your fellow shoppers. These stands of bags appear at store fronts when ever it starts to rain!

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...