Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Day : Brooklyn

Celia and I had Christmas at home with our usual Christmas stocking then presents
We enjoy the stocking opening and find we often get the same thing for each other.
This year Celia's gave me an AUGER a drill bit for the garden to go with my battery operated drill I got for my birthday

We had French Toast and berries and Champagne and OJ for breakfast in the courtyard

Then had baked salmon and salads for lunch

This was interrupted as I had put the fish portions out on the table in the court yard to come back out and find Bronte had helped herself to Celia's portion
She ended up with a microwaved portion as it is her dog!

For dessert  we had a Pavlova Platter
This was ambitious as we have never made a Pav before and we also don't own an electric beater
So we started off with the Bamix but that doesn't aerate very well so we resorted to a whisk giving each other 15-30 second beating before a rest
But it was delicious



Off to Andrew and Lynne's for seafood dinner. Nick and Kate were there and Lynne's parents John and Gwen
Cray and Prawns 
Salads and more dessert
This time dessert was a Pavlova stack with cherries !






No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...