Sunday, May 27, 2018

Tea Cosies in Fish Creek

A while ago I came across the Tea Cosies Festival in Fish Creek (on way to Wilsons Prom)  I had made a tea cosy 2 years ago from Loani Prior book but didn't enter one as I thought they would be all very creative and arty. (as were hers in Tea cosies that changed the world!)
But mine would have done well! calling it Purple Passion!
I had searched for accommodation in the area when someone reminded me that Suelynn (from MTC group) had a house down there so I asked if I could rent it and she was very happy for me to use it.
She said that she had had the land for a while and had to then quickly build before a permit ran out. So she had had a simple 'cabin" brought in.
I was expecting a simple rustic building but the Cabin was beautiful! Set in the middle of  a treed paddock with birds and trees all round!!
A simple oblong box 
Kitchen at one end 
Living area with windows on both sides 
bedroom at other end 
bathroom on right before bedroom 

The house in Waratah Bay was about 15minutes to Fish Creek where the Festival was set.
Fish Creek is a very arty community with galleries and cafes abounding The display of Tea cosies was in the Town hall space with a detailed catalogue 100+ entries from all over the country.
Even a program on ABC radio!
Just a few of the 183 collection 
winner of the Whimsy Section. All felted 
 i must admit I was expecting that they were all knitting or crochet, Didn't think of sewing or felting!
a Succulent feast 
appliquéd entry 
A felted dinosaur, Tea Rex 
this was made of fabric 

MADE OF TEA BAGS!!

A more traditional twist!

Roger rooster  

winner of the IN TEA-NATIONAL section 

I loved this felted number 
This was a men's entry made of Cassette tape and echidna road kill!!!!

No comments:

India and after

 I've been unable to post all year ( not that 2020 has been a year of activity) and because the the action bar at the top of the blog di...